Background

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I finally figured out how to organize my scrapbook paper!

Ugh!  I have so much paper! 

Ha!  It's not as if I don't LOVE it!!  I have a paper fetish - no doubt about it.  But, I have always struggled with how to organize it!

I have looked online and I haven't found what I was looking for - I found mostly how to store it.  Different types of racks, etc.  I have found some forums in which people tell what works best for them, and I have taken some suggestions.  But, I'm sure we each have a different 'set up' so, honestly, I think each individual needs to find what works for them.  I will post how I've organized my paper and maybe, someone with a similar set up will find my post useful.

My set-up:  I have 20 paper trays.  So, I had to find 20 or less categories in which to label my trays and separate my paper.  This is what I came up with:

Solids
Family
Kids
School
Sports
Camping
Flowers & Nature
Spring & Summer
Fall & Winter
Circles & Dots
Squares & Plaids
Paisley's & Swirls
Stripes
Themed
Modern
Antiqued & Heritage
Textured
Vellum
Holiday

I have one tray left - I can use if for scraps or very large sticker or punch out sheets - or whatever.

You could certainly take one heading, like 'kids,' and further organize it into subcategories:  Boys, Girls, Baby, or by colors.  You can do that with many headings - if you have a lot of paper storage.

I certainly hope this helps someone.  I FINALLY feel organized.



No comments: