Background

Monday, September 03, 2012

hours 26 and 27

I spent 2 hours the day after open house putting up things I got out, used, moved around getting set up for open house. Thankfully, I had my young man with me. He was such a help! Now, tomorrow is the first day of school and the Welcome Back Breakfast. We have the Hansen's rep coming with samples that will hopefully get the parents who show up tomorrow eager to purchase from that fundraiser in October. I have two parents who have coordinated the morning which I'm sure will turn out to be a success. But, I will have to say some words. I wrote them down on my Notes app on my iPhone - and, yes. . .I will probably refer to my iPhone instead of notecards. Odd. But, what's the difference between peeking at your phone, or paper cards? Anyway, it's another sure sign of the times. I just hope that I don't sound too nervous. I am keeping it extremely short, probably no more than a minute. I will welcome all, ask them to look at the volunteer opportunities we have, beg someone to become the VP, and ask them to introduce themselves to someone they don't know before departing. Then, I guess - the toughest part will be - mingling!

No comments: