Background

Monday, September 03, 2012

First day of school. . .

. . . is tomorrow! Woohoo! :) But, it will be a busy morning. I must have my 7th grader to the middle school for cross country practice at 6:30am. Then, I need to be at the elementary school an hour later to help the Hansen's rep get set up for our welcome breakfast. I will have to run home and watch my 2nd grader get on the bus, then run back to the school. Whew! But, after the welcome breakfast . . . I'm FREEEEEEE! Okay - I don't mean to make it sound like I'm thrilled to be rid of my kids. Truth is - we are ALL ready for the school routine. I actually asked my kids how they'd feel about year-round school and they liked the idea! When we lived in TN they had about 8 weeks of summer. It went by fast. What I didn't like was the 4 weeks off at Christmas. But, if the kids were off 6 to 8 weeks in the summer, around 3 weeks at Christmas, had a two-week spring break, and maybe a one week fall break - how perfect would that be!? A full 3 months is just way too long. So, what to do tomorrow when I'M ALL ALONE????? I honestly think I will sit in my living room and listen to the sound of . . . . . nothing. Hmm. Sounds so peaceful!

No comments: