Background

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

28, 29, and 30! Whew!

Today was the first day of school and the annual Welcome Back Breakfast! Unfortunately, we didn't have that many people attend but we did have a great group of attendees, both new and old! I gave my little one minute speech with the typical welcome, "we need volunteers," etc., schpiel. But, I think the best part was when I said, "If you see someone you don't know please introduce yourself. I'd like for you to leave here having met at least one person you didn't know before." So, I see that as assigning a task. And, though I don't have a degree in a field involving public speaking I think that is a component that encourages active participation with a touch of comfort. I guess it's kind of like giving people permission to be bold. It is so hard sometimes to walk up to a complete stranger and start a conversation. That will be my bragging right of the day. :)I did meet Five women I hadn't met before. I hope I made a good impression on them! I know I got a few more volunteers signed up for various events, too! ___________________________________________________________________My ladies who coordinated the event did a really nice job. I thank them a lot for bringing food and drinks, and helping to make the morning a success! The Hansen's rep was there with great samples. I hope this fundraiser turns out well. We haven't had a food fundraiser in a while. I compare it to recycling toys. When your babies get bored with a few toys put them up in a closet. You can take them back down in 6 months, maybe a year, and it's like a brand new toy - without spending any money! Anyway, our left over food went to the teacher's lounge. I'm sure they appreciate it. ___________________________________My three hours included getting to the school early to let the Hansen's rep in and help her get set up, helping set up, attending the activity, and helping clean up. Next up - I have to finish the PTO newsletter with the Spotlight segment. . . .

No comments: