Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hours 14 to 15.5

I spent 1 and a half hours organizing volunteer sign-up sheets, printing, transferring names of volunteers to sign-up sheets from online registration, printing, organizing my PTO binder, print - oh, no, I ran out of ink. . . But, I'm creeping upon being totally ready for Open House. I did, also, take a 15 minute call from the Scholastic rep about book fair stuff (man, they start early). And, . . . are you ready for it?. . . I committed to a workshop, and pretty much decided that I will run the book fair in my subsequent years as a parent at the elementary school. (My husband would say I have a sucker tatooed across my forehead.) But, truthfully, if the book fair is the only thing I have to deal with - I think I can swing that. It's not like I intend to give it all up - I do this to be an active part of my child's life while at school. Studies show that those who participate have children who are ultimately more successful in school and thus, life. I just wish I had done this much when my older two boys were in elementary school. I seem to embrace it more knowing this is my last opportunity to be an active participant in at least one of my children's school life. I would like to help at the middle school level - only the opportunities get slim the older the kids get.

No comments: