Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Right Start

So, these past several weeks, since school started, really - have been chaotic; Unorganized, unplanned, and too highly 'eventful.' Even though I've been trying my best to get to bed at a decent time I ruin any good intentions of starting the next day off right - by not getting up, getting showered, and in general - just 'waking up.' I usually face a morning at the computer working (interrupted by kids getting ready for school, having to alternate taking mine and another to cross-country, phone calls, emails, etc.)with nothing to do until later on in the afternoon. But, since Sky is on nights and is sleeping until 2pm - I find I have to be real quiet sneaking in to shower and get dressed, not being able to take my time, relax, and basically - get a good start (regardless of the time of day).

Today is Monday, the 10th of October. I got up at 5am (no snooze for me this morning), showered and shaved my legs - finally (to which Sky replied, "just put the hedge-trimmer back in the garage." LOL!). I got dressed in actual clothes (not lay around the house in too-small of clothes that show off all my splendor). I already blow-dryed my hair and the curling iron is on. Now, I have a moment to kill while wating for the sweat on face to dry to type this little log, blog. :) On my agenda today is a pto executive meeting at 8, results for Tyler's 'brain' testing at 10, a trip to Lane Bryant to pay my bill (only! No shopping. Well, maybe a little.) and to run by B&N with a 20% off coupon. When I come home I have to call around for window replacement quotes - and perhaps - work an hour. Oh - I do have a confirmation call I need to make for work on Wednesday - but I can do that from a paarking lot. :)

I'm on the right track today. And, being on the right track today will make it easier to stay on the right track tomorrow.

But, I'm not the only one with a right start to her day - Both my kids alarms went off at 4:30 am - I'm like 'What the heck, did I change the time on my clock when I set my alarm?' Nope. So, they 'slept in' and finally got up - get this: on time! Haha! Tyler's completely ready to go! Justin's not far behind (but has an extra 30 minutes anyway).

So, here goes. . . Let the day begin!

No comments: