Background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall


Finally, the weather is cool and crisp! I took the boys to Delzers Pumpkin place out past Pulaski. The price was excellent! Tickets were $5 each and included 4 'punches.' Any tickets that weren't used up could be used toward the purchase of pumpkins. So, for 4 tickets and a total of 6 pumpkins and one Indian tied colored corn decoration I spent $22! But, money aside - it was quite fun. The corn maze was really good. I got lost and at one point happened upon a dead end with a zombie character (on a post) that actually startled me. LOL! We all opted to skip the hay ride because the line was fairly long. Joshua rode the tractor train and had his face painted. We went through the haunted granary and toured the little petting zoo. The boys tried to get me to buy a kitten. Nope. Three is enough! At any rate, we had a good time. It seems like it's been so long since I've done anything fun with my boys. Although, I do wish I had called my friend, Kimber, to come along but I didn't have the forsight to do so before I hit the road. As the kids get older I'm learning I enjoy doing things with them more - with company. They like having friends around. And, of course, when they have friends around the grown-ups get a little left out - so we parents have to hang together! :) In the end - everyone has a great time - together!

No comments: