Background

Monday, January 23, 2006

Weight Watchers

Well, I've been on Weight Watchers now for a week and a half. My meetings are on Friday mornings. At my last meeting I lost 4 lbs even. Yipee!!! for me!

Okay, I have decided that I am going to keep track of my points and food lists via my blog (for feedback, critisism, compliments, and/or encouragement). One thing you should know first, is that I will not 'be' on a 'diet' when I go out on dates with my husband, or GNO (Girls Night Out). Obviously I won't be stupid - but, if this is to be a life change I am not about to give up food enjoyment for the rest of my life. This is, after all, MY diet, guided by Weight Watchers - guided, not ruled by.

Currently, I get 30 points a day (and there's always the 35 weekly points that I'll use only if my meals exceed a point or two into them - not that I'm going to reserve those points for something - special. I'd like to forget they are there.) Today, I started off on a bad note. We had some left over ice cream that I'd only had a little bit of on Joshua's birthday. So, I decided I was going to eat me a cup of ice cream - and count the points as my breakfast. People - this is not a normality - like I said, I started the day off on a bad note. It was 8 points. Learned a lesson - I was hungry about 2 hours later but, knew better. So, for lunch I had 2/3 cup brown rice with 4oz chicken, and 1 tbls of teriyaki sauce - too much sauce. That was 7 points. A little while later I had a 2 point yogurt. Now, for dinner I am having about 2 cups of Hamburger Helper (HH), a slice of toast, and steamed veggies. That'll be 6.5 points. I'll be left with 6.5 points - and, according to Weight Watchers I should - should - eat all my points. We'll see.

I will start tomorrow off on a better note.

No comments: