Background

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Mother's Day with my granny

It was evident that granny might not be with us much longer and it was important to visit with her before she was too far gone to remember me or before my last memories of her would be of her suffering and on her death bed.  I'm lucky in that I live so far away it's not convenient for me to be there during that sorrowful time and I have great compassion for those who are there suffering with her, even as I write this blog post nearly a month after visiting with her.  My granny is a wonderful woman who has taught me a lot - much of which I rely on in raising my kids and dealing with people, in general.  One thing that is prominent is "will it matter 6 months from now?"  So, if it's not going to matter then, why should I get my panties in a wad about it now.  I love that one!  

Thirteen years ago I dropped Justin off for his first day of 1/2 day kindergarten.  I was so emotional I spent 10 minutes in the parking lot just a boo-hooing to my granny.  I thought of her and that time an awful lot this past week as Justin graduated high school.  

Granny and I had many interactions that were adult-like.  She talked to me and taught me much and I suspect because of that I was much more ahead of my peers in terms of thought and thought process.  

At any rate, she is suffering and sad and ready to leave this world.  She's lived a good life with much love had, and much love given.  


Me, Nancy, and Granny - wrapped up in the pretty blanket I made her


Me and Granny


Mama and Granny


Aunt Nancy and Granny


Uncle Andy and mama


Mama giving granny a massage that almost put me to sleep!


Nancy, mama and granny


Granny showing off her new blanket!


Close up
Still a pretty lady!


Me, mama and granny


No comments: