Background

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dance Magic 2014



This was Joshua's first year dancing and this was his first competition, ever.  Dance Magic was in Wausau at East Wausau High School.  It was super crowded with a basket ball game going on, SAT testing, plus Dance Magic 2014.  The school is lovely and well-designed for dance competitions.  Things I'd do differently next year - wear tennie's and comfy clothes!  I did a lot of running trying to help him get changed between dances (they did two) and trying to watch their performances from the auditorium.  It was crowded but not ridiculously so.  Joshua, A, and J did a fantastic job and I was super-proud!  And, I'd like to add I didn't encounter any 'dance moms' of the likes you see on TV.  Everyone is so nice and friendly and helpful - and encouraging and congratulatory to everyone.  It was a great experience!  Prior to arriving I'll say Google Maps was apparently 'having fun' with me.  We got to a stop sign just prior to an enormous hill.  But GM had me go left, then right, a left again, and another left - before arriving right back at that huge hill - GM said go left (down the big hill) - Joshua looked at me and we looked at each like, 'what the heck!'  Then, we laughed.  Needless to say - I had a great time and Joshua did, too! 

No comments: