Background

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pinterest Project


Here is an actual Pinterest project that I liked and wanted to duplicate.


















And, here we have the duplicated project.   Some of the problems I encountered were 1.)  I couldn't find already cut, plain, cork coasters.  So, I had to buy a roll or cork (well, I actually bought a couple of square sheets of cork) and cut them myself. It is a royal pain to cut cork because you need really sharp scissors.   My hands ached for quite a while.  2.)  Since the edges were 'crumbly' I had to get creative.  I used some twine around the edges and it turned out alright. 

The downside is that it cost more to make than the original project pinned, and it took a lot more effort, time, and materials.

I don't like to 'exactly' duplicate projects because I want them to have some of my creativeness in them.




 Photo
 
 
 

No comments: