Background

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It Genuinely Irks me . . .

. . . that my husbands alarm can go off at 3:30 am and I don't hear it. 

So, what's the problem??

What I DO hear - is when he opens the bathroom door as if everyone is now awake.  The light streaming out, the sound of the door knob turning, the woosh of the door being tossed back. . . Then, as the light (AND fan) are still on, I hear drawers slamming as he pulls out his undergarments then plops on the bed to put his socks on, and bounces back up again.  He flicks on the light to the closet (which is right in front of my face) to yank his shirt and pants off their hangers, gets dressed in the closet with the light on and door wide open.  He stomps around to turn off the bathroom lights before turning off the closet light - which he does after he ever so sweetly kisses me good-bye.  Hmpf.

When MY alarm goes off an hour later - I'm thoroughly irritated, and irked.

Now, when HE is sleeping during the day (if he's on mids) and I have to take a shower - I hold my breath, turn the door knob at a rate so slow I'm going blue, tip toe in, and close the door in the same fashion I opened it.  I halt!  I watch to see if he has stirred.  If not, I attempt to control my breathing and lightly tip toe my way to the closet and gather all necessary clothing before tip toeing my way to the bathroom.  I turn the water on slowly, don't use the fan, close the curtain quietly, etc. 

Do I NOT deserve the same consideration???  I would love to hear that my man is no different than any other - it would make me feel so much better.

I see a mid-morning nap in my future!

No comments: