Background

Monday, December 24, 2012

Anticipation. . .

Okay, I'm heading to bed.  Since Santa is bringing Tyler and Joshua big toys we asked him to set up their gifts in their room.  So, Tyler and Joshua are sleeping on the couch and love seat in basement.  They are finally asleep and I can go to bed now.  I can't wait for the kids to wake up in the am and wonder just where their Santa gifts are.  Hehe! 

I usually wake up early and sit and wait with the camcorder.  But, I don't know if I'm going to do that this year.  Things are changing. . .

Well - I will probably set the alarm for a decent time and just hope I'm up first. 

In prep for tomorrow I already made the Chocolate Delight pie and sweet potatoes.  I also have most of the dressing done.  Just need to throw a couple things in the oven tomorrow and cook my turkey - a 19 pounder.  I ruined the pecan pie (over-cooked it) - oh well.  Kids don't like nuts anyway.  It'll be nice having mama and Gordie and Robbie to share the holiday.  We won't eat until 6:30 and do presents afterwards.  It sucks that Sky has to work but - we need power!  Ironically, the Christmases have worked best in the past when he is on nights.  That way he can come home in time to see the kids receive their Santa gifts, sleep while I cook, and eat in evening.  As it is now, he will miss the Santa part. 

I will miss the whole Santa business.  This may be the last year - don't know.  But, a small part of me is also okay for that to be done with.  I guess I'm kind of on the fence with that one - don't want to let go but don't want to hold on to it even when the kid is ready to be done.  A part of me thinks Joshua may have an inkling - but is holding out just for me.  If you catch my drift, and if I'm right - that's super sweet of him. 

I'm very tired and I am rambling.  So, it's nighty-nite for me.  Merry Christmas y'all!!

No comments: