Background

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hours 19 & 20

Today was the last full day I had to complete projects for open house tomorrow evening. But part of not getting overwhelmed and stressed out as a parent volunteer is being able to prioritize AND putting family first. Since my husband works rotating shifts this was his last day off during the kids summer vacation. It was a beautiful day and despite unfinished PTO PREP - we went for a family boat ride out on Lake Winnebago. Could not have asked for better weather or a calmer lake. It was a simple, nearly cost free bit of last minute family togetherness that will, hopefully, have a lasting effect on us all as we settle in for changes and new routines. Once back home, however, everyone was able to relax and do their own thing. Me - yep. Back to the display boards and working in my craft room. But I do find working in my craft room, whatever the task, relaxing. So I finished up the display board for Market Day. Got all my projects organized and brought upstairs. Then I got to clean my craft room. Now, it's ready for me to do some summer scrapbooking. But all is not done. I am still working I getting all the PTO meeting cards cut. Plus I need to go by Sam's to get some dum dums for the kids. But you know, if I don't get by the store, or if I decide putting out the apparel for sale is too taxing, I will forgo it. When this job becomes a hassle or too stressful I need to say 'enough is enough' and go with what I've got. But I feel prepared enough that I think tomorrow will be a success. I can't wait to write about it!

No comments: