Background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No time to breathe! But, I'm not complaining.

Well now that Family Fun Night is over you'd think I could relax. Nope. That is not the case. Flyers for the book fair, help my helpers find help (that's a never-ending loop), sign up to work shifts myself b/c we have such a lack of volunteers, and on another PTO note I need to help a friend with the science fair. Off PTO, I had to thouroughly clean my house to host Bunco - which was a choice I made and don't regret - it was a fun evening, but I had no idea this month would be so full (and as our principal mentioned - it's the shortest month of the year!). But, I do have to be honest - when I say thouroughly cleaned the house - I mean the main floor. You can't walk upstairs without looking down to find footing. I am waiting for the Mondays and Fridays I have off from work AND extracurricular activites to clean up there whhile the kids are in school. Just knowing it's a disaster up there makes me feel bogged down. Plus, I want to go to the Y on Monday's and Fridays - I don't put myself first - it just seems wrong to do so. But, the more I keep going on and on like this - I just might have to 'get over it.' :)I love the PTO but I don't love having my hand in it all. The reading program, science fair, and being VP were by design - Family Fun Night (which required my time, money, and more) ran from October to February and Book Fair, in Fall and in Spring - those blindsided me and two others who had to step up - because no one else would. It's for the kids - it's for the school, which I support whole-heartedly, and yes - I do do it for me (a purpose, socialization, etc.). So, I'm just going to have work super hard to find volunteers for next year - especially the book fair. The district rep and local rep keep calling me - wanting to set up meetings, etc. I flat-out told the local rep I didn't want this particular job and hope to have someone else take it over next year.

Well, that's enough of a break - I must get back to work. (Thumbs down - I just need to win the lottery. But, it helps to actually play it, huh?)

No comments: