Background

Friday, February 03, 2012

:(

I sincerely hope that when I'm old, regardless of my situation, I find reason to be happy and not painfully bitter. When my granny dies I think the sorrow I will feel will be because of the ways she's spent the last years of her life. I've already said good-bye in my heart because I can't tolerate speaking to her on the phone. She may start out sweet but the conversation always turns to how much she hates a given person at that moment. And, she justifies herself! This would be much harder if I lived near her still. But, where we once spoke on the phone daily, we now go months - and she's the one who calls me. I will do my best to remember her in her younger years and all the positive influence she had on my life. Unfortunately, I must remember the bad as well - if only so I can keep fresh in my mind - what I do not want to become.

No comments: