Background

Monday, August 22, 2005

Tickle U

I had it marked on my calendar to watch Tickle U on Cartoon Network 9-11am EST. Anyway, I'm watching and the format reminded me of something I spent hours watching when I was little at Granny's house. It was called Pinwheel and it came on Nickelodeon. I remember thinking it was about 6 hours long and consisted of segments of different entertainment: cartoon/gumby/real kids/etc. All the segments were short but like I said - I remember it lasting about 6 hours. I distinctly remember a bunny trying to run away and some mishaps with packing his bags and socks flying all over the place. And, of course, Gumby!

So anyway, Tickle U is supposed to encourage kids to have more humor or to use humor to get over 'things' rather than getting all upset and pitching fits. At least, that is my understanding. I was watching it this morning and I like that the segments are short and blow over mishaps, focusing not on what caused the little mishaps but what was done, and with a positive attitude, to correct the issue.

No comments: