Background

Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Pinterest Project

I loved the cinder block and 4x4 beams bench I saw on Pinterest.  So, obviously, I had to make it.  As with all Pinterest projects, they never turn out quite the same.  But, that's okay.  It's my opportunity to tweak it to make it my own.  Our store didn't carry the more expensive bull-nose blocks so I went with the .92 cent ones.  Once I had them in my possession I got to thinking, 4 beams is an awfully wide seat.  So, my tweak was to make a foot rest.  I really like it.  Now, I will admit after this pic was taken the kids pointed out that they sit mainly on the 2nd, or middle, beam and with more people it might actually break.  So, I pulled that beam out and using another cinder block and a half cinder block made a middle section for the that 2nd beam to run through.  I could've done exactly what I did on the ends but that'd require  more blocks and more paint.  IF I have time I'll use my Cricut to make a template and put some cute decal on the front of the red blocks at each end.  Ultimately, though, it's way far back in our yard and we'll mostly use it at night when there's a fire - so, who other than myself is really going to care if it looks 'pretty?'  I am pleased with it.  Now, I think I need to do another on the other side of the fire pit.  A little run down of prices - I spent $48 on 4 4x4x10 beams, about $14 on blocks, and when it's said and done about $18 on paint (I could've gotten away cheaper but I just bought, in total, 4 cans of spray paint because it's quicker and dries very fast).  All in all, I have a comfy 4 person, possibly 5 person, bench for $80.  Frankly, that's a lot cheaper than buying one that only seats 2 or 3 people.  Yeah, I see myself making another one before too long.  :)
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing is really a fastidious one it
helps new net viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


my weblog web page; ,

Stacieleigh1027 said...

Thank you very much!