Background

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Mudroom Bench (&extras)

This is a charging station I made rather quickly.  The holes aren't exactly circular but it is pretty (in my opinion) and gets the job done. :) 
 
 
 
Not the best picture but this is one of two steel trash cans.  As you can see I wrapped some burlap around the center and wrapped some twine around that and added a tag that says, 'Woof' on it to indicate - this is the dog food.  :)  The other can is for chicken feed.
 
 
 
My mudroom still needs some final touches - and I've even added a rope along the top of all walls at the level of the bead board.  It looks cute but I need more bird decals that I had begun to decorate the top portion of the wall with.  They've been ordered.  More pic's to come.

 
 
Joshua testing out the bench - wearing his 'crown.'  :) 

 
I had two small pallets that I placed back to back for the bottom of the bench.  The seat is nothing more than a stair tread.  Then, I spray painted it black and added handles at the bottom to hold the pallets in place at the bottom.  Turned out cute, I think. 

No comments: