Background

Monday, July 15, 2013

Mila's First Big Adventure


 
 
My poor girl is pooped!  She rode with me and Joshua to take Justin and Tyler to Summer School/PE in Pulaski.  Then, we stopped off at the Pet Exercise Area in West Green Bay where Mila exhibited very good behavior on her leash.  (I hope to be able to let her off her leash and have her obey my commands to Come and Stop and Sit and Watch Me.)  We met a very nice lady and her rescued Corgi Mix named Albert, who was so adorable and sweet!  (Albert was a very fitting name.)  The dogs were very playful and played appropriately.  Albert, however, could fit Mila's head into his mouth (she didn't seem to mind).  Then we headed to Pet Smart where I discovered what over-tired puppy behavior is like - not quite as bad as an infant but certainly hair-raising.  :)  We bought her tag and had it engraved.  We also bought some puppy shampoo and wipes (to go in our Puppy To Go bag - realized it'd be good to have after the Corgi slobber dried on her head).  Then, she got a single dose of K9 Advantix by the very nice groomers at Pet Smart - who loved her lots and whom Mila was happy to give free kisses.  But, I'm a good puppy mama and was prepared - I gave her water after the dog park with our pop up dog bowl in the Puppy To Go bag.  I had chew sticks and food (never know how long you might be out), a poop sack, and a back up retractable leash.  (The chew sticks were used like a pacifier while in Pet Smart.  Only problem is - they're edible so they don't last long.)
 
She's the sweetest thing!
 
 

No comments: