Background

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas!


I have to say I did real good.  I'm not a bad cook at all.  I have made a delicious turkey in my Nesco roaster ever since I've had it.  I couldn't imagine cooking a turkey any other way.  Nothing but butter, salt & pepper, and some browning sauce and it's as tender and juicy as can be!  My dressing is always a hit or miss but this time it turned out really good.  The flavor was good!  It's ultimately a combination of recipes of my dad and Sky's nana.  The sweet potatoes are nana's recipe.  Green bean casserole is a staple for us at Christmas, as is the corn - gotta get those veggies in somehow.  I short-cutted the gravy big time.  Just a couple of jars of Heinz turkey gravy and added boiled egg (apparently it's a southern thing).  Gordie made the deviled eggs and they were very delicious!!  For dessert I made a Chocolate Delight, again following nana's recipe.  It was very delightful!  Oh - and my mom whipped up some watergate salad - love that stuff!

I love it when we have a big meal in the dining room.  It's very cozy but - for all the time it takes to cook a wonderful fare it sure does go down way too quick.  If the kids hand't been so anxious to open gifts I'd have lingered a little while longer.

Okay - it's present time!!

OMG!  Robbie is the epitome of ADD!  So, this gag gift of a 'squirrel' from mom and Gordie was hilarious!  I'm sure some of you get it. . . right?

Sky and his wedding cake cookies!  I got the pfeffernusse kind - I love them (anise, or licorice!).  And, a wee FYI - I hate it when folks refer to strawberry licorice, or red licorice.  Licorice is a flavor in and of itself.  They're twists or twizzlers.  And, saying 'black licorice' is like uttering a double negative.  Not really - but you know what I mean - right???

Gordie and Mama - Gordie will be a great addition to the family!  He's a great guy and we are happy to know him.  And, congrats to the two who will be getting married in 2013!

Ahh - the aftermath!  I love it!  But, the kids get to clean it up.  :)

Sky and me - I look awful but, hey - that's me and I'm well loved. 
All in all, we had a great Christmas!  Hope you did too!!!

No comments: