Background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

And The Shopping Is Done.

I actually had a great time shopping with Tyler today.  We went to the Fox River Mall.  First stop:  Scheel's where he bought a hunting knife.  Then we stopped in at Hollister.  It was funny;  While we were standing in line waiting to purchase the sweater and button up he picked out he said to me, "I'm not carrying the bag."  I'm thinking - wait a minute.  I'm not going to be his personal assistant.  So, I told him, "No I'm not."  He looked at me - dead serious - and I even thought he was about to walk away and put up his shirts when I saw him glance at the lady putting the customer in front of us purchases in a bag.  Then, it dawned on me - and yep.  I had to agree.  So, I wound up toting his Hollister bag with the picture of the really hot, half naked guy with his thumb in his mouth, looking sultry & sexy!  LOL!  I can't blame him for not wanting to carry that bag around! 

Anyway, our next stop was Target where he was seriously considering blowing the remainder of his dough on headphones.  He decided on the $60 set but - they were out.  So, he made the next best choice on the $30 pair.  We left target and hit Younkers where he bought a wallet.  One of his very own, not a hand-me-down (so maybe he won't loose it).  It was funny though - he wanted to put it in his front pocket.  He didn't believe me that men carry their wallets in their back pockets!  Then, he was self-conscious putting it in and pulling it out.  Then it kind of occurred to me he was afraid his pants would fall off (they were very loose - perhaps I shall suggest a belt!). 

We ate lunch at the mall.  He had Subway and I had Sarku (what else???).  We took our time and enjoyed ourselves.  He searched Game Stop and almost bought a game but I told him I'd bring him back if he didn't find something he wanted more at The Guitar Center.  So, with that -we left the mall and headed to the guitar store.  He walked in and he was in heaven.  And I - was "don't touch that," "did you see the price on that," "Oh my God, don't break it!"  LOL!  Tyler had his hands on EveryThing!  Expensive things.  At last, he wound up buying a digital delay pedal, an A/C adapter and a daisy chain.  So, he can hook up 5 pedals at a time.  He has two.  But, we got home and realized - he needs an amp that can accept more plug-ins.  Well, that'll be a generous birthday gift or will have to wait until next Christmas. 

Finally, we stopped by Wal-Mart to spend his gift cards.  And, like Joshua - I had to spot him a little extra.  He had made the comment that with the weight bench in his room he feels claustrophobic.  I told him that's why I had wanted him to switch beds with Joshua (which he balked at when I suggested a month earlier - seeing as I knew what he was getting for Christmas).  So, he agreed to switch beds with Joshua but needed new bedding.  He bought a black comforter, a fitted sheet and two pillow cases.  None of my kids (or my husband) can stand having the flat sheet on them.  A simple comforter or blanket and they're good.  And, I'm thinking - the purpose of the flat sheet is so we don't have to wash the comforter.  Oh well.  It's not a battle I will win - and didn't have to spend money on a sheet he'd never use.

I'd love to post pic's but that will have to wait until Sky gets the beds moved - tomorrow, hopefully. 

But, I did enjoy spending the day with Tyler.  He is such a character.  Unlike  his brothers and much like a friend of mine I've always admired for her 'smarts' - Tyler has wit.  And, he knows how to use it.  He is wittier than I - and that amuses me.  I'm always stunned by him - but in a good way.

And, that's that.  No one has any money left to spend.  That's the sad part.  Ringing in the new year broke - LOL!  Well, I'm not being entirely truthful - Justin managed to hold onto some spending cash.  ;)

No comments: