Background

Saturday, September 29, 2012

45 hours (and still counting)

Well, I've spent 4 hours working on emailing. I am having the hardest time with the Homeroom Parent Coordinating. This is a really big job. But, once it is all said and done - it takes care of itself. So, I'm really bummed I couldn't get anyone to step up and take the lead on this. As of right now - I only have parents coordinating the Halloween party for one - yes, ONE - classroom. This is bordering on the edge of failure. I am half tempted to give the lists of volunteers back to the teachers and say, 'Sorry. I can't do it all by myself. You are going to have to find your own people to plan your classroom party.' But, since I've already gotten started I'd like to see it through. There is only one other party, the winter party (in lieu of calling it a Christmas party - but as cynical as that may sound - I'm really okay with it being called a winter party.). I may have to ask the teachers to reach out to the parents of kids in their classrooms then because by that time - we'll be in full swing of Family Fun Night planning. _______________________________I have to say that if I were to get paid for this job I'd probably opt to do it full-time and be completely okay with having to do most things myself. But, because it is volunteer and no other people are opting to help - I am very saddened and disappointed. Plus, if this year becomes a flop - I feel that people will look to me and consider me a failure at being a leader. Right now, the biggest thing I am failing at is finding a team for next year. I did reach out to a new parent via email - but, guess what? I haven't heard from her. I probably scared her. LOL! ___________________________Anyway, it's Saturday and I'm not supposed to even be blogging about any PTO stuff. No PTO on weekends! Family time. Now - for something funny: Justin and Tyler just came to me asking if they cleaned house today can I allow them a lazy day tomorrow watching movies and eating popcorn. I said yes. Justin contines: Okay, we will clean your kitchen and do some laundry, what else do you want us to do? Me: You can sweep the stairs, dust the edges, sweep the main floor, and vaccuum. Justin: Okay, and I can mop if you'll let me. As I peak around the corner Tyler is standing there looking as Justin, hands up in the air - exasperated, like 'dude. Shut up.' LOL! They crack me up!

No comments: