Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Joshua's 7!

Well, my baby is now 7. He still cuddles with me and gives me some of the best hugs - but it won't be long before I get quick pats on the back and cheek-kisses only. I'm going to try my dead-level best to prolong his sweetness.

At any rate, Joshua got to celebrate his birthday at Wild Air! Max and Tyler rode with us, I had an alternate Justin and my own Tyler with us as well, while my own Justin was dropped off at home from a sleep-over at a friends house (I'm sure my 13 year old enjoyed the solitude). (Did you get all that???) We met a friend from school and a friend from another school at Wild Air. So, in size it was only 7 total - but cozy. All the little friends got along exceptionally well.

1 hour and 15 minutes of play had these boys scrambling for the pizza - they can really put it away. Throw in unlimited soda and the boys all began a chorus of burping. Of which we attempted to curtail but when you have multiple children participating and - not being your own - how forceful can you get? Kind of embarassing but THEY were having a blast. All I can say is if it were a group of girls - I'm sure the music would have been much sweeter. Oh well - this is what I've got. :)

I baked Joshua's cake - three layers of nana's pound cake - which is perfect by itself. But, since it was a birthday - I iced that baby! After 3 lbs of confectioner's sugar - it was a wee bit rich. But, hey - it WAS tasty. But, most of all - - - it was sooooo cute!!!! I did good. :) Like my aunt Nancy said before, "presentation is half the battle."

Afterwards, I brought my tag-a-longs home to play for a while I ran my own Tyler to his guitar lessons. Then, when I got back I drove the boys home. It was a fun time for all.

No comments: