Background

Friday, April 22, 2011

In Memory of Ascher

Ascher was my reading buddy. He was my cuddler. He loved me - this I know! He loved Cheetos! He begged a lot. Very noisy about it, too. Whenever I was sad - I'd hold him close and pet him - he'd purr and sit still and not wiggle and try to get away. I miss him so much!


He was attacked by the neighbors dogs. I don't know for sure if he was in their yard. I don't know how to feel about the situation. I always thought they were nice dogs. But, does that apply to cats? I mean, just like cats play with mice, right?

I was there as he faded. I got to tell him that I love him and that I was sorry. I petted him as he died.

It doesn't feel right to go forward.




Do not stand at my grave and weep...
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in the mornings hush,
I am the swift upflinging rush...
of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft star-shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry...
I am not there... I did not die...

No comments: