Background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

ChChChChickens!

Well, tomorrow I'm going to call and most likely order 5 chickens. I picked the breeds I want out of a catalog and they're all different. Anyone who knows me know that I have a 'thing' about names. I love naming things! My kids, my pets: Charleston, Roxy, Ascher, Pebbles (kids named this one), Bella Ryn. Well, I have two chickens already: Ginger and Emma. If I am able to order the ones I want I will soon add Hazel, Pearl, Amber, Onyx, and Goldie (or Sunshine, can't decide) to my hen house. :) Cute, huh? They are what are called Buff Rocks, Partridge Rocks, White Rocks, Black Australorps, and Rhode Island Red. Biggest issue is will I be able to, and how to, eventually move them in with Ginger and Emma. I suppose I'll have to buy a baby swimming pool and a heat lamp until they're large enough to take outdoors. But, I hope it will work out. I'll them make littel plaques with all their names. :) Stay tuned!

No comments: