Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

My Child is in Trooooouuuuubbbbbllllee!

Yep. He certainly is. I asked him this weekend to put on his coat as he was going outside to play. He said to me, "I left it at school." So, this am he was getting ready for school and I was just going to send him out the door with a heavy sweater over a t-shirt, and his gloves. He said to me, "I have to go get my jacket." I had to remind him that he left it at school.

Well, he said that it was actually in the truck. Well, I heard the statement and declared I don't want to follow through on that and find out that he did, in fact, lie to me. You see - it was time to walk out the door. So, I figured he'd go to school, realize he told me the truth about his jacket being at school and come home saying, 'hey, I DID leave my coat at school.'

Mmm - nope. Got a call from the school. "Joshua must have a coat." Headslap! I should've taken the time to deal with it before he met the bus! I DID find his coat in the truck and had to take it to the school. Before that I spoke with him on the phone and asked him, point blank: "Did you lie to me?" And, he said, "yes."

Poor, poor Joshua. I told him, "you are going to be in a whole lot of trouble when you get home. You think about that all day today. Do you understand me?" "umhmm."

Frustration! But, DON'T tell mama lies.

Oh - and if it ain't one it's the other. I just got a call from the principal and she had me on speaker with Tyler in the room. He was sent to the office at lunch recess because SEVERAL teachers saw him turn his brother around to face him and knee'd him in the groin!!! He said to Mrs. Gracyalny that they play like that all the time at home and "my mom doesn't care." First of all - how embarassing! Second of all - I might know it goes on, I know they're rough housing, BUT if I hear hollars, or crying, or see tears - that's it, it is no longer play. And, I do put a stop to it. Oh yeah, Tyler said Joshua punched him first but the teachers deny that. I'm not inclined to believe my son over the teachers because I know his game. There's always a reason and it usually involves "Yah, but Joshua did if FIRST."

MERCY. I do believe that mama is going to be needin'a drink ToNIght!

1 comment:

kimberrn said...

Hey Girl!! I can relate to your school issues. I guess we should have went out for a margarita tonight!! We bought the truck today......... hope your day got better. i think i answered some of you questions on my blog. ttfn