Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

My 6 yr old son is rather intelligent. He has said so many things that I am stunned he has 'figured out on his own.' Like this morning - he was heating up some choc. chip pancakes in the microwave. I pulled out a styrofoam plate for him to put them on once they were done heating on a regular plate. He said to me, 'you can't heat this plate up in the microwave because it will melt.' Okay - common sense to you and me but he's 6! I didn't teach him that and we normally don't have styrofoam plates in the house. I asked him how he knew that and he said, "I just knew."

At any rate, Justin and Tyler were over at a friends house yesterday - parents were not home but the 18 yr old brother was. My kids decided to stay when he left. That made me mad - at my kids, not the other boys. Anyway, when I found out I made them come home. We went and got some McD's and had just gotten inside - (9:30pm; How in the heck did it get so late!?) - got our food divied out, and were sitting down eating when the other boys ShoWed up on my doorstep! Of course they wanted J & T to spend the night. I got irritated with them and told them I was p.o.'d they came over. I said IF you want my kids to spend the night - HAVE YOUR MOM OR DAD CALL ME! I swear - kids conspire and you can't trust it's automatically alright with the other parents. Besides - hearing the parents tone of voice can let you know if they Really want your kids over or not. Anyway, she was totally okay with it. I just feel bad I can't reciprocate because of Sky working nights. So - they're over at the neighbors house. - all done venting now. :)

No comments: