Background

Monday, March 27, 2006

SUFFERING FROM HPWD'S

(Harry Potter withdrawal's)

I finally finished reading the 6th book to the kids - and there's no telling how long we have to wait for the 7th book (I'll be standing in line way before midnight the day it is released!)

So, I headed off the the bookstore to find another adventure we could all share in. I had the hardest time trying to choose between 4 books. I wound up buying two. The two that I didn't get were Across the Nigtingale floor (the 1st in the Otori series) - looks so good but, maybe just a smidgin' over Justin's head. The other was a King Arthur book (can't remember exact title). Anyway, I choose two books for us to start reading. One Justin could read on his own but, I really like reading out loud and this book interests me, too. It's Garth Nix's The Keys to t he Kingdom, Mister Monday (1st of 3, I believe). I'll let you know how it is. The other is Tad Williams - The Dragonbone Chair - print is tiny and I believe it'll be complicated reading - but, I do think we'll like the story! I can't wait!!!! Now it's just a matter of which to read first. I guess I'll read the backs of both books to Justin and let him choose.

Justin is currently reading The DarkHills Divide and the Chronicles of Narnia books (2 books at once - I'm so proud!!!!) And, he'll only turn 8 next month.

If anyone has any really good book ideas let me know. (Eragon received some not-so-flattering reviews yet I've heard some really good reviews too. So, we'll wait on that one a bit.)

No comments: