Background

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

In the web

Well, tonight the boys had their first soccer game so I made an early dinner: fried chicken nuggets, potatoes au gratin, and green beans - you know, nothing too fancy. Well, Tyler doesn't like mama's cooking or the food I choose to cook. So, I had to be very dilligent at getting him to eat. Finally, I got to a point where I believed he could finish up on his own without my constant, "Tyler, eat, now - 1. . . 2. . ." So, I went to change the baby. Tyler brought his cleaned plate into the room and asked if he could be done now. So, I praised him for finishing his food and I was so happy he ate my cooking! I let him pick out an ice pop and eat it outside with Justin. After we got home from their games I was picking up a few things so I wouldn't have to face a wreck of a home come morning. As I leaned down to pick up a hat off the floor I had to look very closely to make out this yellow and brown thing in the corner of the COMPUTER room. The closer I looked I realized I'd been had! There in the corner were ALL of Tyler's potatoes au gratin and half a piece of chicken! I tried hard to compose myself so as not to burst out laughing when having a discussion about his dinner. Try as I may I couldn't help myself. I asked Tyler, "Did you eat all of your dinner?" And he nodded, yes. So, my grin is getting bigger but I'm trying so hard to controll it - I had to put my hand over my mouth. Tyler starts giggling and my grin gets bigger. I said, "Tyler, did you think I wouldn't find your food on the floor?" Again, he nodded, yes. I had him take me to his food and he said, "I put it in the web."

(I guess that's one way to get me to clean my corners!)

No comments: